Sunday, March 20, 2016

Growing my Social Capital

1
           1)      Vivek Kumar a fourth year business student who started his own farm to fresh delivery service. He served as my domain expert which was amazing considering he was in a similar situation (being a student) as me being a young entrepreneur. To me he was the perfect expert because he served in the student market, he knows the struggle between student and entrepreneur, and he has dabbled with the fresh food student snack/food area. The nature of this relationship was a short interview through mutual contacts within a club in the school of business called Alpha Kappa Psi.

2-
     2) Next, I will discuss my industry expert who is named Ishmael Perez. He is a fitness professional who works as a physical trainer. He is a father and a professional who is always on the go. He serves as inside knowledge because he being that he as a trainer is concerned for the health and nutrition of the body. I found this contact because he is the trainer of a close friend. The nature of this contact was for possible health and food advice being that he is the most knowledgeable person that I know of in this field. This person will enhance my network because he works close to the field. He has also worked with many industry leaders that are knowledgeable and aware of this market.
2
      3) The last person that I spoke to was the supplier. I approached the office of Student Activities and Involvement. I approached them as my supplier because they deal with hundreds of clubs on campus and therefore can evaluate the product amongst students. Therefore, the exchange of this communication was to receive advice and maybe possible signs to give this ago. If this contact is a success it can possibly allow me to start and test the product in campus which is really important considering the doubt this product has created according to my feedback on some comments.


All in all, this experience allowed me shape and focus my approach. It has allowed me to target my conversation, narrow some priorities and collectively be more prepared. Different from my last networking event I was able to get right to the point rather than scatter the focus.

1 comment:

  1. Jazzy,

    I agree with the fact that this assignment and experience truly did shape the approach I was taking. Targeting your conversation and making your company the most presentable when you are trying to build a network is so important. I'm glad to see that you got your pitch right where it needs to be. Good luck with the rest of this project and building your network. Great job!

    Check out the link to my blog where I discussed growing my social capital -
    http://jbasta.blogspot.com/2016/03/week-10-growing-my-social-capital.html

    ReplyDelete