Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story-Week 2

Hello class!

     I am not sure where to begin with my entrepreneurship story, however I believe that an entrepreneur is a strong, dedicated, and persistent, leader to guide a organization of a profitable incentive. Although, I have not created a product or a specific service my story of entrepreneurship was when I and my friend were able to raise a few hundred dollars by selling water bottles at an internationally recognized music festival named Ultra Music Festival. I believe that every great entrepreneurship story began with a great reason behind it. Our reason for selling water bottles were to raise money in order to buy furniture to move to Gainesville. The first step that we took was to strategize our business. We knew that there was a market for festival participants who do not have water in the festival because open containers are not allowed, and the water stands who did sell water were costly of limited supply, so we sold several hundred water bottles for a dollar or two dollars. The bottles came at 2 or 3 dozens for a price of 4 dollars which allowed a high margin. There the true star of the story is that we had true motive to sell these bottles, We set up in several spots to add range. We were determined to sell as much as possible to meet our individual goals. Although we set up for the entire duration of the festival we were very persistent and kept our eye on our goal. Without our ambition I believe that we would not have made as much money as we did. The first night we did not make as much as we intended, but that short coming did not stop us we tried again. Conclusively, we ended up selling $600 worth of water bottles.

      Next, out of this class I want to get out as much as possible.I am looking to be a social entrepreneur in my future so shaping my attitude is essential to me, I am going in with an open mind to be as receptive as possible to a new mindset that I believe can be essential to conquer the career world and regular life.

2 comments:

  1. Jazmin,

    Very interesting story! Well done on selling those water bottles, that's an awesome profit and a genius idea! Simple ideas like that are the cornerstone to great outcomes it seems. My entrepreneurial story is actually different from yours in that I talked about an entrepreneur that I know, you can find my article here: http://ent3003sinon.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story-mitchel-sinon.html

    I think your story is a spectacular example of entrepreneurship, and it looks like you've got a solid grasp (to my knowledge) of what entrepreneurship is, my only critique is that you should work on your grammar a little bit. Otherwise, loved the read!

    PS - I'm also really looking forward to learning what it takes to be an entrepreneur, and I hope you enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazmin,

    A great story. I hope to see your progress in the future. I see that you can make something out of nothing which is the start of a great entrepreneur. I feel that reflecting on my own experiences Tenacity and consistency is the key. However, I can learn from you is heart and risk that is cool to have within personal character. I invite you read my story I feel that we may have several things in common.

    -http://fernspeaks3493.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneur-story.html

    ReplyDelete