Friday, January 15, 2016

Week 2 Reading Reflections

  My Week 2 Reading Reflection

Entrepreneurship: Evolutionary Development- Revolutionary Impact

Reading this chapter was an enrichment experience because of the collective external, internal and personal connections that is all used in development of an entrepreneur. The most surprising thing that I read about was the statistics concerning the failing and succeeding startups within the American economy. It was interesting to realize that the mindset of the leader (the entrepreneur) influences the success of the business. More than half of the startups do fail, however most of the new jobs in the economy are within these new businesses. My expectations were not failure, while I associated risk and success. Moreover, in the first chapter of the text book the most confusing aspect was understanding the macro and micro influences of entrepreneurs. I believe that this is an overlapping concept. I believe if I was to ask the author some questions I would probably ask if a different idea would be efficient as a new product rather than a consumer need. I would also ask the author is, that I understand the frequent risk factors associated with new business, but are there any ways to overcome failure? I don`t necessarily disagree with the author, but I do agree that the entrepreneur should posses some mentally strong and durable qualities as presented in the 10 myths and so on that can associate entrepreneurship with success. Looking forward to continue my readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment